Steps to add my application to the Debian repositories

Hi all,

I have developed a simple video player application for SER format files used in planetary/solar/lunar imaging.  The application is written in C++ and is based around the Qt framework and runs on Windows, OS X and Linux.  The licence is GPLv3.

As I have finally figured out how to build a Debian source package I am now investigating what is required to get the application added to the Debian repositories.

Web page for the application (including binaries):
https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/ser-player

GitHub page:
https://github.com/cgarry/ser-player

So could somebody please point me towards the steps that I need to take in order to get this application added to the Debian repositories?

Thanks and regards,
Chris