Re: heatsink -- was [Re: Raspberry Pi 4 is announced]

On 28/06/2019 20:50, Rick Thomas wrote:
> So when I buy one of these in a couple of months, do I need to buy the heatsink too?  Will the heatsink fit into the standard case?  If not, is there a case that will fit?
>
> And, finally, is there a version of Debian that will run on one of these?  Or should I just plan on running Raspbian?
>
> Thanks!
> Rick
>
>> On Jun 28, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Alan Corey <alan01346@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No big surprise there.  Something about 1500 more on 7/4.  I got on
>> the list to get emailed when they get them.  Oh well, time to get
>> adapters ordered, and a different power supply.  Looks like they built
>> it to bolt a heat sink onto, there's free space around the CPU.
>>
>> The real announcement page:
>> https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

>>>      I think they have been out of stock since Monday. Sold out quickly

>> --
>> -------------
>> No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
>> Cities are cages built to contain excess people and keep them from
>> cluttering up nature.
>> Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach

Today, it will run Raspbian. Today it won't run stock Debian - there
isn't a dtb for it yet for the kernel.

Soon, it will run stock Debian if Gunnar and co have anything to do with
it. Potentially, you can now run stock Debian Buster on everything up to
and including 3B+

Get a heatsink, it looks as if it will need it.

All best,

Andy C