Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On Tuesday 24 July 2018 01:28:41 Tixy wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-07-23 at 18:53 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > When you said you had isses with ssh -Y not allow X connections...
> > >
> > > Check that /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the rock64 has these settings:
> > >
> > > X11Forwarding yes
> > > X11UseLocalhost no
> > >
> > > And that the package 'xauth' is installed.
> > >
> > > Either of those missing will prevent ssh from forwarding X
> > > connections.
> >
> > Do I have to reboot it (the rock64) after makeing everything as
> > above?
> > Logging out, and back in does not shut the error message off.
>
> I expect you'll need to restart the ssh daemon, e.g as root:
>
> # service ssh restart

And that works, geany now runs on the rock64 from an ssh login!!!.
Now to see if the pi can be fixed, but the second of those two commands
does not exist in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the pi, even commented out.
And when added, results in a login with no shell prompt. So I used
another login already established to remove that line again, but a ssh
restart, logout and log back in does not get me a shell prompt after
entering the password.  So now I am locked out of the pi due to lack of
a shell. But the rock64 now gives me x exports.

Thank you. I'll go reboot the pi and see if that helps as its sshd_config
should be restored to where it started from now. But that is several
hours away as its only 4:22 local time.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)