Re: kvm-arm: qemu always starts with drive in read-only mode

Hi all,

due to the replies of gilberto an Riku (thanks!) I was able to locate
the reason why my /dev/vda was mounted in ro-mode after booting so far
and I was able to fix now.

Having startet the VM and logged in to it 'mount' shows me /dev/vda/ is
mounted in ro-mode.

So my first step to get my rootfs writable was a

  mount -o remount,rw /dev/vda /

because otherwise I couldn't store my changes in /etc/fstab .
Afterwards I open /etc/fstab an saw just one line:

  # UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

So I added this content:

  #
  proc     /proc  proc  defaults        0       0
  /dev/vda /      ext3  rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,
                        data=writeback 0 1

Then I rebootet the VM and my rootfs starts up wiht /dev/sda mountet
writeable :-)

Again, thanks and greetinx

Guido