Re: Debian on ARM platforms...

Jim Studt wrote:

>I believe we are compatible with the armv3 instruction set for ARM610 and
>ARM710 support,

Yes.  Unless you use -march=armv4 the compiler will stick to ARMv3
instructions.  (It's still safe to use -mtune=strongarm110 to get code
scheduled optimally for StrongARM; this might be a sensible default.)

>I believe Jim Pick has some machine from rebel set up for build daemon
>use.  We are now stable enough that we could use the build daemon, but
>someone would have to coordinate that.  I have a couple of machines
>that could slave off of it if required.

Me too.  What does it take to coordinate the build daemon?  I can spend the
time but (of course) am not a registered Debianite.

>Debian does not have an accelerated X server for the netwinder.  I've
>been using the FBDev X server to test on the box, mostly I use a remote
>X server.  It would be good to kit an accelerated X server, I haven't
>look at the issue at all.

I did take a look at the accelerated Xserver (as, I think, did Bdale and Jim
Pick before me; many have perished on this path) but didn't come up with
anything especially useful.  That is indeed one of the areas where input from
Rebel would be a great help.

p.