Re: apache 1.3.29.0.1-4 and -5

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:

> (Still not on the list, so Cc please if you want feedback)
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 01:03:52PM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > 	we are close to upload -4 (probably today) that will NOT fix bug
> > 227232 yet but other 18 bugs.
> >
> > This uplaod is focused to provide a smooth upgrade from woody to sarge/sid
> > (all small problems that were not even noticed before).
>
> Thank you for the update. While reporting my two last bugs for apache, I
> didn't know you were transitioning, so I'll wait for -5 before I
> possibly comment again (but I assume I won't have a reason anymore by
> then).

You reported a valid bug/problem and that's why i CCed you directly as
submitter. As background is more complex to fix that bug than perform the
entire transition. So i decided for the latter but since it's a major
change i want these 18 bugs closed first.

> I'm delighted that now the debconf question with 'which modules do you
> want' which was impossible to fill in without a lot of concurrent
> documentation research will be gone soon.

I am not sure what you mean but modules-config will not disappear. Only
its underlaying way of handling modules will change to the same way as
apache2 does. Meanind no modules.conf but the different dirs as apache2
has.

> Upgrade woody -> sarge is indeed the most important, upgrade

Actually a few bugs we got on BTS were related to woody -> sarge/sid (same
version of apache in both) upgrade. At that point i decided to spend a few
dayss testing every single bit and it come out much more work than
expected since some bugs were really well hidden (one of them in the woody
packages for example that i had to workaround).

> within testing/unstable nice to have,

Well right now we have the same version in both.. so or one or another..
but other than the bug you filed, that of course must be fixed, all the
other things seem to work fine.

> but those running it are indeed
> assumed to know how to make backups and fix their system...

agreed :-)

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks
Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html