libgfortran.so.1

Hi:
While working with a gnu docking package, I am finding several
instances where amd64 lenny discovers errors in binaries compiled with
other linuxes, though offered for amd64. The developers confirmed
their problems, which were solved.

Now, after fixing that the package was unable to find libg2c.so.0, the
package asks for

libgfortran.so.1

does not find it and halts. Actually, what is available on my
installation  of amd64 lenny, what is available is:

libgfortran.so
libgfortran.so.3
libgfortran.so.3.0.0
libgfortran.so.9
libgfortran.so.9.0.0
libgfortran.so.4
and many other, though not .so.1.

As far as I could investigate, libgfortran.so.1 is not available for
amd64 lenny (it is for i386 lenny, as available on my desktop).

A solution?

Thanks a lot
francesco pietra