Re: Qemu

Am Montag, 9. Juni 2008 schrieb Alex Samad:
> Hi
>
> I have a amd64 debian install, I have installed qemu + kqemu, I am now
> trying to install another debian amd64 inside qemu but it keep crashing
>

> qemu-system-x86_64 -boot d -cdrom
> /srv/ISO/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso  -hda
> /srv/qemu/amd64/disk1.img -vnc localhost:1 -m 512
>

> Any one know why ? or what to do to fix this ?

Is it a typo, or shouldn't it be "-d" ?

If this is correct, there is another hint: I got problems, running qemu on
multi-core hardware. This changed from version to version. I have to admit, I
never used qemu in the comandline, but kqemu instead (this is just a gui for
qemu).

I dicovered in the past, that I sometimes got problems, running it on 64-bit
systems. At the moment it is running stable.

As an alternative you might try "openvbox-ose" which is running quite stable
and real fast. Sure, it is only capable to run 32-bit-systems.

Anyway, I fear, this will not really help, will it ?

Best regards

Hans