Re: Ndiswrapper and 32 bit windows drivers

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:51:54PM +0200, Stefano Simonucci wrote:
> Hi!
> I try to install a wireless usb interface. This interface (D-Link G132
> etc..) hasn't a kernel driver, but I know that in this case one can use
> the ndiswrapper module.
> So I have compiled this module and I have installed ndisgtk.
> Then I have downloaded the windows 32 bit drivers from the D-Link web
> site, but when I try to load the driver by means of ndisgtk I get an
> error message. The reason is that the driver is 32-bit while the kernel
> is 64-bit. But 64-bit Windows drivers are not present in the D-Link web
> site. What can I do?

Buy something that is supported.  A 64bit linux kernel can not use a
32bit driver in any way so ndiswrapper won't help.

The rt2x00 driver has support for a number of usb chips from ralink so
if you can find one of the devices using those chips then at least you
will have something with fully open source drivers and a chance to have
it actually work.

--
Len Sorensen