Re: Graphics cards with Free drivers

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:17:02PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> I haven't seen an Intel video card, just MBs with integrated Intel
> video.  Is there an Intel video card, if so what is it called?

There isn't (at this time).  That has been in the past (they were crap)
and there supposedly will be in the future (which might actually be
good).  Of course intel is perfectly happy integrating video into their
chipsets so that you don't need a video card.  A high performance intel
chip on an add in card as an upgrade would still be potentially
interesting, and intel might be one of the few companies with a chance
to compete with ati and nvidia in the mainstream market.  Not sure intel
has any reason to try and compete with nvidia in the high end (after all
ati isn't doing a very good job competing in that market either).

--
Len Sorensen