Re: apt-get error

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Dr Gavin Seddon wrote:

Hi,
I must install the "locales" package manually.  Which do you recommend?

I am afraid I do not understand your question. There should be only
one "locales" package and "apt-get install locales", possibly adding
the -f flag to apt-get if necessary, ought to just install the appropriate
version for your installation. It should be the same package version as
the libc6 you have installed, since they come from the same source package.
As to which locale to choose when installing the package and debconf asks,
well, that's up to you. You can choose a national locale of your liking
(I use it_IT.UTF8@euro as a default, since I am Italian, but also keep all other Italian locales and all English locales available, as a fall back) or just leave it unset, which uses the default C locale.
Does this answer your question?

bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                          (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.