Re: detecting SATA2

Quoting Peter Sheldrick <petersheldrick@yahoo.de>:

Does anyone know how to install debian AMD64 on a
SATA2 HD? I heard that kernels >= 2.6.10 should have
no problems with SATA2, but even when i tried kernel
2.6.12 i could not make it notice the disc. Help is
much appreciated.

I downloaded Soresen's 2.6.12 kernel iso from here:

http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

After running the install, and getting to the part where it can't
detect the disks, you have to manually run a console and load up the proper
module. Then go back to the installer and re-detect the drives.
This worked for me, but your board might be different.

Check this thread for more info.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/09/msg00081.html

Cheers,
Mike