Re: Any idea what's wrong?

On Friday 06 May 2005 18:30, Vernon Dozier wrote:
> I just did a apt-get update and apt-get
> dist-upgrade... this is the first time I'd done this
> since the archive move, and I'm getting some error
> messages relating to emacs.  Specifically...

>  dictionaries-common
>  wamerican
>  emacsen-common
>  emacs21-common
>  python-mode
>  xemacs21-support
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
> (1)
> spqr:/home/mojo#
>
> Anyone know how I can fix this?  Thanks

I got this the other day. I went into aptitude and selected *emacs21-* for
REINSTALL (with "L"). It redownloaded and reinstalled all my xemacs21 and
emacs21 packages, and then everything else came through as well.

I don't know how or why it happened, or why this fixed it, though.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>