Re: Direct Rendering kernel 2.6.7 and nvidia drivers

On Mon 28 Jun Tony Hoyle wrote:
> You haven't installed the nvidia GLX.  nvidia do not use DRI they use their
> own version.

Having seen this, I had a look at my config, and found I had the same
issue - SGI client libraries with the NVIDIA server.  I hadn't noticed,
since I was still doing 3000 odd fps with glxgears :)

It looks like their installer doesn't quite work (maybe).  The symlinks
for:

    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1

Pointed to the old SGI targets rather than the shiny new Nvidia ones.
Presumably their installer should update this?

I had to point them both at /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.5332 before glxinfo
would find the right libraries.  I'm now doing about 5800 fps.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
  http://adju.st/   | "It's like a pair of eyes. You're looking
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | at the umlaut, and it's looking at you."