Direct Rendering kernel 2.6.7 and nvidia drivers

I installed the nvidia drivers on my Athlon64 machine and compiled the
nvidia drivers from http://minion.de. I get the following information.

name of display: :0.0
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
	GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
	GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer
client glx vendor string: SGI
client glx version string: 1.2
client glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context
GLX extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce FX 5700/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4.1 NVIDIA 53.32
OpenGL extensions:
    GL_ARB_imaging, GL_EXT_blend_minmax,
	GL_ARB_multitexture,
    GL_EXT_blend_color
glu version: 1.3
glu extensions:
    GLU_EXT_nurbs_tessellator, GLU_EXT_object_space_tess

<snip>

I want to know what I need to fix the error of XFree86-DRI missing on
Display ":0.0" and to get direct rendering, because I know that direct
rendering is possible using the nvidia drivers. The following is a
excerpt from my XF86Config

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "nVidia Video Card"
	    Driver          "nvidia"
	    Option          "NvAGP"                 "3"
		Option          "NoLogo"				"true"
		Option          "RenderAccel"			"true"
		Option			"SWCursor"				"false"
        Option			"HWCursor"				"true"
        Option			"CursorShadow"			"true"
        Option			"CursorShadowAlpha"		"64"
        Option			"CursorShadowXOffset"	"4"
        Option			"CursorShadowYOffset"	"2"
EndSection

In the device section I have hardware acceleration on. Does anyone know
what needs to be done to get direct rendering on.

Thanks

Bharath