Re: Status of project

> Another thing that is special is that we don't need build all packages
> for 64 bit at first, because 32 bit packages are supposed to work
> just as well.

Hello,

I don't know anything about the library linking mechanism, is this

/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 --> ../lib64/ld-2.3.2.so

link sufficient for 64bit-binaries not to use /lib/libc.so.6 but /lib64
libc.so.6 ?

>From IRIX-SGI I know that they have LD_LIBRARY32_PATH and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH,
so this is not needed?

Thanks,
        Bernd

PS: Within the next weeks we will get some Athlon64 and Opteron systems, for
easy integration into our cluster, they will primarily run based on our
woody/testing system, but I plan to have a 64bit chroot-environment.
Perhaps I can help to recompile some packages for debian-amd64?

PS: I resend this, since I don't see it in the list yet (after more than
24h)