Re: mozilla works, almost...

Ron Farrer (rbf@farrer.net) wrote:

> I've been playing with the latest mozilla releases starting with 0.6
> and then moving on nightly builds 2000-12-27 and 28. They all have
> one problem: they act like there is no window manager running;
> i.e. there is no frame around it, no title bar, no buttons and you
> therefor can't resize or move any of the moz windows. Now this could
> be related to the gcc bug that Chris has noted several times, or it
> could be something else... it almost acts like it's ignoring
> '--with-x' during the build. I don't mind experimenting, the builds
> don't take too long (about 2.4 hours). I might try making a chroot
> with a different gcc in it.

I was able to map a key in sawmill to maximize the window. However it
still segfaults on exit (I'm 99% sure it's gcc). The 20010102 nightly
build/source seems to be the best. The 20010103 and 20010104 nightly
builds/sources fail to run (segfault). I'm gonna try a different gcc
(2.96), put it in my chroot, and see if that helps. Other then the
segfault on exit, the 20010102 build works very nice!

Just an FYI...

Ron