Re: Dekstation Raptor Reflex

Jean-Paul Blaquiere (japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au) wrote:

> How does on maintain something that you don't even have binarys for ;)
> fruufu!

Well API _was_ maintaining it for a while. I think they quit doing so
around the end of last year. Since Deskstation is dead, I would imagine
API is the only ones with rights/access to do anything with ARCS.

> Tell me about it.  My original request was for 128MB of that stuff for my
> as255, which currently only has 32.  :(  and don't talk about my car, i've
> just spent AU$1500 on converting it to LPG and am still feeling broke.

hehehe I know.. I would like to get 256MB of it, but I'm not quite ready
to sell everything I own!

> If i can get if for not much more than the value of the ram in it then I will
> grab it and see what hacks we can do to get it to load a milo.
> If not, then I'll still have the RAM from it, and we'll see how NT runs in 32MB.
> In any case, anything to decrease the ratio of poo-cees in the house must be
> a good thing. We only have two alphas, three Suns (one fridge sized) one
> Apollo, a NeXT cube, ..... vs a celery 350@450 and a screenless Sharp laptop
> as the dialup box. oh and I must not forget the PDP11, which in a previous
> life, was a TV stand.

The only thing you might want to check is how many slots are filled in
it? That would tell you how large the SIMMs are and whether it would be
worth it just for the mem. I bet that fridge sized box keeps the house
warm! ;-)

JMHO,

Ron