probs compiling kernel UDB

Hello,

It's my first time I write a mail to this list. I hope it's not a silly one...

I have an UDB with the hamm-alpha distribution installed. I want to
upgrade my kernel but I can't find a way to compile one. I'm trying
in 2.0.36.
The problem is with the TGA and VGA options. When I compile
(make config, make dep, make clean, make boot) a kernel with
only the VGA support (no TGA) then everything goes ok. But when
I boot that new kernel I don't get any login. The screen just hangs
with the message:
...turning on virtual addressing and jumping to the Linux Kernel

the computer continues to boot and after a while I can login with
telnet... I just don't get any console.
Ofcourse this is because I have no TGA support (and the UDB is
shipped with a graphics card that implements the TGA interface)
But everytime when I start the compilation (with TGA and with or
without VGA) I get these errors after I while:

selection.h: In function `scr_writew':
In file included from misc.c:47:
selection.h:113: `con_blitc' undeclared (first use this function)
selection.h:113: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
selection.h:113: for each function it appears in.)
selection.h:114: `con_blitc' used prior to declaration
selection.h:114: warning: implicit declaration of function `con_blitc'
selection.h: In function `memsetw':
selection.h:114: `con_blitc' used prior to declaration
selection.h: In function `memcpyw':
selection.h:114: `con_blitc' used prior to declaration
make[3]: *** [misc.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/char'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/char'
make[1]: *** [sub_dirs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers'
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2

I just don't know what is going wrong.

Thanx for any help!
      ,*,        |Tom Rogie mail: Tom.Rogie@village.uunet.be|        ,,,
     ( **)       |             ICQ#: 10745512               |       (** )
-ooO--( )--Ooo---|             Life's a beach !             |--ooO--( )--Ooo--
  +--HI, I'm a signature virus  :-)  Copy me into your sign to join in. ---+