Re: CI: Updates to the scheduler

On Mon, 2024-03-25 at 21:25 +0100, Christian Kastner wrote:

> Another issue is the use of http://deb.debian.org as a mirror, which
> redirects to the geographically closest mirror. Mirrors aren't always in
> perfect sync, so your worker in Canada could see different indexes then
> my worker in Austria, or CI's in Frankfurt. I just checked and rocprim
> is still on ~exp1 on my closest mirror, for example.

deb.debian.org does not redirect to the Debian mirror network, instead
it points at the Fastly CDN network, which is just a global cache in
front of the core Debian archive servers, and uses DNS based GeoIP to
point domains to a local Fastly datacentre. It should be more reliable
than the mirror network and should be more up to date worldwide. The
HTTP redirect approach was what http.debian.net did years ago but that
is now just approximately the same as deb.debian.org.

The Fastly Debug site might be able to help figure out any problems,
but if not then contact DSA about the issue if it is consistent.

https://www.fastly-debug.com/
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA

--
bye,