Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?

On 12/13/23 02:40, Cordell Bloor wrote:

To complete (b), the main thing needed is to get a few more libraries packaged. I would be surprised if PyTorch was adopting ROCm features so quickly that the mathlibs from ROCm 5.5 were insufficient for the current PyTorch. With that said, I haven't actually tried building it, so i don't know for certain.

The latest ROCm version of official binary release is built against ROCm 5.6.

https://pytorch.org

And the past releases of pytorch can build against rocm starting from ROCm 4.X.

https://pytorch.org/get-started/previous-versions/

So 5.7 is fine. And it seems to be the last 5.X release before the 6.X release. So I guess 5.7 is a good point to synchronize debian package versions before going forward to 6.X.