Re: preparing pytorch-2.0.1 upload

On Fri, 2023-09-01 at 14:45 +0200, Timo Röhling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * M. Zhou <lumin@debian.org> [2023-08-24 20:45]:
> > Since the whole dependency tree is maintained by me. There
> > is no need for a standard transition procedure as that
> > will greatly slow down my pace (I'm already slow enough).
> Pytorch has at least one reverse dependency which you do not
> maintain (Open3D) :)

Ok, the number of reverse dependency of python3-torch grows
much faster than I expected. I thought most of its reverse
dependencies are still under my name. But the story is different
now. It seems that there are more than 3 rdeps maintained by
the others.

So, I'll change my transition workflow to a standard library
transition workflow for the next pytorch version bump.

> > Just to let you know the package being broken is temporary.
> Seeing how Open3D was just auto-removed due to pytorch, do you have
> a rough estimate when pytorch will be fixed?

It is already fixed in git. Since it has to enter the NEW queue,
I have to traverse all the source files to update d/copyright.

$ find . -type f | wc -l
17330

Going through the 17330 for refreshing d/copyright takes me
>3 times longer time than the rest development steps.
I'll try to get it into NEW queue before mid Sept.