RFS: rocm-hipamd/5.2.3-10~exp1 - Heterogeneous Interface for Portability

Hello,

This is the other half of the change required for the experimental improvements to ISA compatibility. In conjunction with rocr-runtime/5.2.3-4~exp1 [1], this version of HIP adds patches that will allow all ROCm libraries packaged for Debian to work on most GFX9 and GFX10 GPUs. We'll have to test them all to be sure [2], but _in theory_ these patches better reflect the actual compatibility of the ISAs with the hardware. In practice, theory and practice sometimes differ, but my experience with gfx1031 has left me optimistic.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocm-hipamd":

 * Package name     : rocm-hipamd
   Version          : 5.2.3-10~exp1
 * URL              : https://github.com/rocm-developer-tools/hipamd
 * License          : Expat, Khronos, BSD-2-clause, BSL-1, Apache-2, BSD-3-clause
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  hipcc - C++ Runtime API and Kernel Language for AMD and NVIDIA GPUs
  libamdhip64-5 - Heterogeneous Interface for Portability - AMD GPUs implementation
  libamdhip64-dev - Header files for the AMD implementation of HIP
  libhiprtc-builtins5 - HIP Run Time Compilation libraries

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocm-hipamd/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocm-hipamd/rocm-hipamd_5.2.3-10~exp1.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 rocm-hipamd (5.2.3-10~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * Improve ISA compatibility checks to enable loading gfx900, gfx1010 and
     gfx1030 kernels on other compatible hardware.

Regards,
--
  Cordell Bloor

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2023/05/msg00078.html