Re: RFS: rocblas/5.3.3+dfsg-2 -- ROCm library for basic linear algebra

Thanks Christian,

On 6/4/23 22:36, Christian Kastner wrote:
Uploaded. By the way, you already have upload rights for rocblas, so
there is no need for an RFS (but it's always fine to ask for a review).

I had forgotten that, although I probably would have asked for a second opinion anyway. I am cautious about making important decisions for rocblas myself. One of the things that I value from Debian packaging is the review process. For most ROCm libraries, I am sufficiently detached from their day-to-day development that I can provide an outside perspective myself. However, for rocBLAS, hipBLAS, rocSOLVER and hipSOLVER, I am too closely involved with the upstream development to do that.

One might naively think that because I work on these libraries that they will be the easiest for me to help maintain. In fact, I'm afraid it is almost the opposite (at least at first).

I'll do these right after the bookworm release, which is planned for
June 10th. I've caused some general confusion by doing stuff in unstable
during the freeze, so I'd prefer to just wait the extra week.

Sounds good.

Sincerely,
Cory Bloor