Looking for a list

Hello,

 I have just subscribed myself to the debian-admintool
list, so forgive me for any inconvienences.
I have been reading the last messages in the lists archive.

I have been using Debian for some time now and I would
like to help in the two main subjects I think
Debian should be improved, drawn from my experience
of people using Debian with few computer backgrounds:

1) A lot simpler installation and administration.
There should be an option in the installatoion
procedure to say you are a newbie to Debian and
want to make as few decisions as possible and answer
as little questions as possible, and then installing
a "user-frinedly" environment automatically (GNOME for
example).

2) Making Debian in other languages. At least the
installation, not neccesarily the man pages (but that
maybe is a theme for another list).

In conclusion: I would like to see where I can fit into
Debian developing with these, my personal interests,
 in mind.

The problem is I don't quite see which list I should
subscribe myself to in order to peace my soul in ease
of installation and administration.

As I have deduced from the previous mails I have read
and from my experience installing Debian (version 1.3.1.,
I still don't have available 2.0) the installation procedure
can be divided into three parts:

1) The menus that appear when you install Debian for
the first time, i.e. the ones that show up with the
floppy disks installation. I don't know what the name
of this program is and in which list this is discussed.

2) Installation program: the dselect program.
I beleive this is going to be
substituted for APT (or deity) and there is already
a list for this, but it looks like some aspects
of this are being discussed here (automatically
installing packages with no questions), am I right?

3) Administration programs. There seem to be several
efforts going on here:
   - Waiting for COAS.
   - xAdmin
   - dtxtdb, being suspended and waiting for COAS.
Is this correct?

Xavier Calbet