Re: SPARK package for Debian

On Wednesday 16 March 2011 16:26:54 'Eugeniy Meshcheryakov' wrote:
> Yes, those can be used to check if spark simply works. But the problem
> whit them that they cannot be used to test if defects are found
> correctly.

It should be a good start however; you can compare all siv and slg files
generated by the swi-built simplifier to the ones generated by the
sicstus-built simplifier. I can't think of a published SPARK program which
deliberately contains errors; but I could write you a really really simple
testsuite at some point.

For now I am happy to test any patches with our testsuite and let you know if
things work or not work. I know this is not perfect, but its the best I can
do I am afraid.

> Anyway I think there is some bug now in spadesimp (both from Debian package
> [1] (without your patches) and binary distribution for x86_64). It takes
> forever to analyze skein_512_update.vcg.

No, it does take forever :) I think somewhere between 1 - 2 hours on a modern
computer...

	Florian