Exim4 in Debian?

Hi All: First of all, maybe 2weeks ago Debian altered an upgrade dialogue. While I preferred the previous one, this one mentions available space which may be a factor. Next, I am noticing here in Debian SID that packages I use regularly are mysteriously vanishing. Maybe sometimes in a long list of an autoremove or even a just plain remove among my daily updates. For many weeks I was having issues with Alpine-and-mail folders. Well, among removing-and-re-installing trn4 I had been missing exim4. Once that was installed again, now my mail works well. Just today while trying to trouble-shoot issues with youtube-viewer, to my surprise git was gone, so I manually installed. I would like to offer a suggestion. Why not have an interacative flag such as an -i in apt which would offer a numbered menu of packages to be upgraded or removed? We could either select numbers from that menu either to exclude or accept. Lets say there are 28 packages to remove, menu number 29 could be for all, while typing combinations of those first 28 would better protect against packages going in a Bermuda Triangle. I surely don't mind an upgrade or replacement, but nuking a package which is still available, well, that may not be helpful. Thanks so much for listening.
Chime