Re: best way to change speakup defaults in debian automatically when the system boots into console mode

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024, Nick Gawronski wrote:

Hi, I was wondering what is the proper method as I can not locate any documentation on how to change things like rate and volume and pitch automatically when the system boots as there is no information in any of the manual pages and I do not always like manually echoing values to /sys/accessibility/speakup after the system is booted so what is the proper way to automatically set options for espeakup when the system is booted?

I use speakupconf from the speakup-tools package.

Admittedly, I've not automated the loading of settings, but it's no big deal for me to type

speakupconf load

when I boot the system.

I'm sure there's an easy enough way to automate this, I've just not bothered to look into it.