Re: [orca] Re: (solved) orca's strange behavior in a crowded terminal

Hello Samuel,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 07:59:44PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>What do you get when you paste into another graphical application such
>as pluma or gedit? And conversely when pasting into tmux?

When I am in a tmux session and copy multiline text with brltty's COPY_RECT
command

* the text is inserted in reverse order and with broken lines in another
terminal, no matter if there is a tmux session running or not
* is inserted correctly in pluma.

This does not happen if I copy the multiline text with brltty's COPY_RECT
command when I am not in a tmux session.

>> I've also tested it with the new show flatview contents feature of orca 45
>> during working in a tmux session. There the same issue is happening if I
>> copy multiline text and insert it using different editors.
>
>I don't see the relation between flatview and copy? Are you using a copy
>feature from orca?

No. I just tested if the same thing occures if I do not use brltty's
COPY_RECT feature to get multiline content into the clipboard.

If I open a tmux session and copy multiline content from this session with
the new flatfview feature from orca and not with brltty's COPY_RECT feature
it is also broken when I insert this multiline text  in an editor running in
a terminal. Inserting the same content in pluma works fine. So it does not
matter if copying content with brltty or with orca, but it seems to be
related where the content of the clipboard is inserted.

I hope the problem is more clear now.

Ciao,

  Schoepp