Re: [orca] Re: (solved) orca's strange behavior in a crowded terminal

Hi again,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 04:58:12PM +0200, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
>Hi samuel,
>
>On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 10:38:41PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>>Samuel Thibault, le dim. 22 oct. 2023 22:36:34 +0200, a ecrit:

>>> Does it happen with whatever kind of content, or is it specific to this
>>> kind of content? Is this showing up in an editor? (which editor?) or as
>>> output of a command?
>
>Its happening with any content and in different editors, e.g. vim or nano.
>
>>Also, I forgot: are you using COPY_LINE or COPY_RECT?
>
>I tried both.
>
>If I copy a multiline text with COPY_LINE and paste it the whole content is
>inserted on one line. I think this is the expected behaviour, at least I
>understand brltty's help this way. No line breaks are copied or the content
>is inserted as one long line.
>
>If I use COPY_RECT, which is the way I normaly would copy multiline content,
>the issue is happening and the content is inserted in reverse order and with
>broken line breaks.
>
>I'll test if the internal tmux copy and paste function is working without a
>problem if I've found out how to use it, currently I am to stupid to
>understand how it works :-).

I've also tested it with the new show flatview contents feature of orca 45
during working in a tmux session. There the same issue is happening if I
copy multiline text and insert it using different editors.

BTW.: I am on Debian Testing and I am using the libvte packages from your
package repository.

Ciao,

  Schoepp