Subject: [orca] Re: Orca stopped speaking after distribution upgrade
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 19:19:27 +0200
From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
To: orca@freelists.org

Hi David.

I just use my package manager. I have 2.48.3.

In 2.48.1, at-spi2-core had these two relevant fixes:

* Fix crash when a bad index is passed to
atspi_accessible_get_child_at_index.
* Fix possible infinite recursion in atspi_accessible_clear_cache.

In 2.48.3, at-spi2-core had this relevant fix:

* Fix a couple of use after frees when finalizing devices.

Mike fixed those issues to solve some Orca hangs I reported.

Here's the tracker issue I'm using:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/issues/307

If your distro is not shipping at-spi2-core 2.48.3, perhaps point them
to that tracker issue and encourage them to update their package.

HTH.
--joanie