Re: Connect To WIFI In The CLI

On 5/28/23 18:55, K0LNY wrote:
Hi Group,
If anyone can help, I suppose you can respond off-list, since I'm sure some here find this trivial, but I find some things difficult with some CLI stuff, that is otherwise simple in a GUI.
I've been struggling with trying to get the WIFI up and going in this Asus ePC.
I put my wpa_supplicant.conf file that I use on all my Linux machines on a thumb drive and mounted it on the Asus and copied it into /etc and into /etc/wpa_supplicant/.
I ran wpa_supplicant and it did all the first time run information.
During the Debian 11 install, it connected to WIFI, but it wasn't connected any more after the first restart.

What difference(s) do you see in the installer log and in the installed
system?

My device is wlp1s0.
I ran
sudo ip link set dev wlp1s0 up
Then I did:
wpa_supplicant -sudo c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlp1s0
It recognized the SSID I had in my wpa_supplicant.conf file, like it touched the router, but isn't on-line.

What do you see in the router?

then I did
sudo dhclient wlp1s0
It gave a bunch of information, but it still has no ip address.

That would not hurt to show us those informations! :)

It doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

So as asking for help!

--
John Doe