Alt+Left Arrow Won't Cycle through Consoles after Kernel Update?

Hi All: Finally after 122 days I rebooted my main machine which had been on 5.18, now Linux chime 6.0.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.8-1 (2022-11-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux Before, I could use alt+either left or right arrow to cycle through my 24 consoles. Now it just beeps-and-an only way of switching is with chvt. I wonder what got broken or what we need to ajust? Please, any guidance will be much appreciated as I use these keystrokes `alot. Thanks so much in advance
Chime