Re: OT, Re: Which softwares to install ?

D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le lun. 18 juil. 2022 14:19:11 -0400, a ecrit:
> > Correct, but probably it depends on the greeter in use.
> > For the GTK greeter it's F4
> > I just uploaded an ISO with it, for who has some time to kill:
> > [2]https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/iso/
>
> In other words, Didier has put in a new accessible GTK greeter in the beta
> version of slint, unreleased as of now and first announced on this list! and he
> invited anyone to try the F4 GTK greeter.

Yes, but to do so, you have to install slint.

His message also tended to imply that Debian didn't include the gtk
greeter while slint does. He didn't say it didn't, but FUD techniques
are enough to mislead users.

> My gosh, if I mentioned Vinux in a post, would I get the same verbal upbraiding
> and battering?  It's totally ungenerous and not deserved.

If you were doing it repeatedly over the past decade for random reasons,
I may bring the same comment, yes.

There are very good reasons to recommend people to try slint, Vinux,
etc. but not random reasons.

That being said, again: I have clearly overreacted here, since Didier
hasn't been doing so very often lately, I'm sorry for that. Can we
please avoid a drama?

Samuel