Re: Keyboard shortcut in gnome not working

Hi,

Here's a guide section I wrote on using the GNOME Shell with Orca. I hope this helps.

http://accessiblefreedom.org/wiki/?title=GNOME_Shell#Accessing_Your_Desktop_with_the_Orca_Screen_Reader

On 11/20/2012 10:40 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 01:12:20PM +1100, Jason White wrote:
Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Is dash the desktop then? I see a few icons I put there, but not all of
them, maybe I need to verify with a sighted person...

The dash shows running applications and those which you have put there.

Under Gnome-Shell, there is no desktop. It's a GUI that dispenses with the
desktop metaphor altogether.

Ok. Sorry for my ignorance.

There's a Gnome-Shell guide somewhere on the Gnome site that you could
profitably read at this point.

Yes, sure, once I've solved my countless other problems pulse has now
brought me, sigh.