Re: stack smashing detected

On Sat, 11 Feb 2023, Stan Johnson wrote:

> v5.1       x      SCSI2SD crashes, goes offline with activity LED on,
> rootfs corrupted, needed to be restored from backups, SCSI2SD SD card
> needed to have the Apple driver updated to boot MacOS
>
> v4.20     bad     stack smashing on first boot, corrupted rootfs (bad
> superblock magic number) on second boot, fsck from a different rootfs
> found many block counts wrong, rootfs had to be restored from backups

That looks like an unrelated problem, presumably caused by hardware.

It could be related to the problem you described to me that arises when
you subdivide an SD card into multiple SCSI targets.

Anyway, if you want to pursue the stack smashing error you'll probably
need to use a different storage device.