Re: Installing with new Installer-Image

Hi Finn,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
> Perhaps falconide_intr_lock should behave more like a ref count, so that
> falconide_release_lock() holds the stdma lock up until falconide_intr_lock
> reaches zero.

We had used that in the past, can't remember when it got changed or
why. There's a vague echo of this breaking with some change to the IDE
core (lock acquired for each new request but released only after all
requests on the hwif had completed).

> The problem remains even when there is only one IDE device. In my aranym
> config I disabled ide1 and put the CD-ROM at ide0 and got the same oops...

Again this suggests the ATAPI emulation in ARAnyM is at fault.

Anyway, I've hooked up a CF driver as IDE slave yesterday and copied a
few MB around - no errors seen so far. I'll exercise that a bit more
today to make certain. Need to find a IDE cable adapter to hook up a
CD-ROM to test that config ...

Cheers,

  Michael