Re: Debian-NetBSD for 68k would ease porting issues ?

to answer the original question, maybe:

on the netbsd cd/mirror there is a mac directory and a
shared directory. i think the shared means other kinds
of 68k. there is more in the mac directory on netbsd than
you find in debian-linux-68k. some basic utility/toolchain stuff.

But my impression is that things get more complicated later on,
or/and perhaps deeper in the code, that is maintaining the
68k binaries is harder than it should be with them being
universal across brands. whereas with netbsd there is less
of that even among varieties of 68k, never mind higher up
to less competition with powerpc and intel sources. so even
if there are byte order problems those could be built from ppc
sources in netbsd straight away. once the 68k hardware is
successfully "abstracted" ???

On 4/9/07, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 06:59:20AM -0700, DataZap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With few exceptions (like the kernel) NetBSD is binary compatible across
> the 68k ports. Is there a simple way to make this work in linux?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you elaborate?

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22