Re: Fwd: Debian architectures, according to popularity-contest

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:42:07AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:35:10AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > > There was just a mail from Petter Reinholdtsen on debian-devel about the
> > > popularity of archs:
> > [...]
> > > If you want to support the m68k port, one of the easiest things you can do,
> > > is to run "apt-get install popularity-contest" right now! :-)
> > Actually, if you _really_ want to help, the best way _right now_ would
>
> eastiest != best ;)

True.

> > be to help out in fixing m68k-specific bugs. See
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianM68kPorting for an overvoew of the most
> > important ones.
>
> Hmmm, all xargs related problems seem to be fixed in the meanwhile.

Not sure about that. ISTR having had some issues with xargs not too long
ago.

> All packages mentioned in that section are installed, exept for
> mozilla which is in state building on kiivi.

kiivi runs 2.2, so it might break if it really isn't fixed yet.

If it is, we'll find out soon enough ;-)

> I made a note in the wiki and the xargs section could be removed as
> soon as mozilla is installed as well, I think.  Maybe some bugs needs
> to get closed, too.

Right.

> Some packages under Bugs are already installed, too, and maybe should be
> removed from the "pkgs" list, whereas gconftool-2 still hangs.

Sure. Feel free ;-)

> > We're *still* unreleasable after months and months of trying to avoid
> > it, and I'm afraid we've currently reached a state where it's unlikely
> > to make it for etch unless some miracle happens *soon*.
>
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/~jeroen/d-i.out shows some needed udebs, mainly
> from klibc, that aren't uptodate. I don't know if those udebs from
> wireless-tools are of any use for m68k at all during installation time,
> especially because some subarchs will be dropped for etch m68k.

It's better to get them to work anyway.

--
Fun will now commence