Re: [Debconf-sponsors-team] Replacing sponsors-table

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 6:40 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> We're possibly switching to Django where this should be doable
> and maintainable without much effort.

I'm not so sure if you can call a custom application which is only
used for the sponsors table maintainable.
If we're switching to another system, I'd prefer to use standard
software and also make sure the system is not just used for the
sponsors table but also for invoicing.

> If it provides the same level of features as sponsors-table, then
> that's enough; anything on top is icing. It should be possible to
> add features on top, e.g. for SPI.

What's the advantage of converting the text file to a custom python
web app with an SQL backend?

Philipp