Re: [Debconf-video] cambridge miniconf review & transcoding

So,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 02:07:17PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> vittoria.debian.org, aka veyepar.debian.org, is almost ready for review
> and transcode work of the cambridge miniconf.
>
> Still TODO:
> - DSA needs to do a few things to the configuration so you don't need to
>   do "ssh -L" or some such to get at the veyepar web interface. We've
>   agreed to not open it up to the whole world, though; instead, it will
>   only allow access to an IP address whitelist.

There was actually a better way of dealing with this, so the whitelist thing
did not happen. Everyone can access it.

> - I need to set up apache so it serves the .webm files and does
>   mod_proxy to django (shouldn't be too hard, but depends on the above)

Turned out to not be necessary, either.

> - Someone needs to update
>   https://people.debian.org/~wouter/dc15slideproposal.svg so it talks
>   about the Cambridge miniconf rather than about debconf 15. I can do
>   that if nobody else volunteers, but I've got a few other things to
>   do, and this doesn't require any specific access... ;-)

That's been done (thanks Andy!)

> - Those of you who want to help out with reviewing should send me the IP
>   addresses from which they'll do so, so that I can ensure they're added
>   to the whitelist.

Obviously this isn't necessary anymore either.

> I've done a test transcode, and that seemed to work; you can watch the
> result at https://people.debian.org/~wouter/welcome_cambridge.webm

It looks better now.

edrz did review of the saturday talks yesterday, and vittoria is transcoding
now. If someone can find the time to start looking at the sunday talks,
then those can be transcoded as well. I probably won't have time to deal
with that for the rest of the week, though, but I'll look at it sometime
next week if nobody else beats me to it :-)

Only thing left to do: someone needs to set up an rsync job so
transcoded videos get copied to the meetings archive. That will *have*
to be someone not me though, because I don't have an account on that
machine, TTBOMK.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26