Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 07:23:44PM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> Audio requirements:
>
> Janson:
>
> * speaker mics
> * audience mics (2 maybe 3 because of the large room?)
> * ambient mics (optional)
> * mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 (or 3) + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
> * PA
>
> H.1302:
>
> * speaker mics
> * audience mics (2)
> * ambient mics (optional)
> * mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
> * PA
>
> H.1308:
>
> * speaker mics
> * audience mics (2)
> * ambient mics (optional)
> * mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
> * PA
>
> Ferrer:
>
> * speaker mics
> * audience mics (2)
> * ambient mics (optional)
> * mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
> * PA
>
> K auditorium:
>
> * speaker mics
> * audience mics (2)
> * ambient mics (optional)
> * mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
> * PA
>
> Available equipment (based on http://cte.ulb.ac.be/images/docs/liste_auditoires2011.pdf)
>
> Janson:
>
> * wireless mic
> * PA

Janson also has a mixer with XLR output, according to the NamurLUG
people (who have been doing this stuff for years, so I tend to believe
them :-)

[...]
> Still needed:
>
> * 6 audience mics
> * 3 mixers, preferably 4.
> * 6 ambient mics (optional)
>
> Notes:
>
> * we can use the Xenyx 1202 if we don't need ambient mics. There is only 1 main volume control however,
>   so the PA volume needs to be controlled externally.

I believe some of the auditoria have a PA volume knob on the desk. Would
such a thing suffice?

> Actions:
>
> * check equipment in Ferrer and K auditorium
> * check wiring of mics and PA in all rooms. We have the following requirements:
>   * it must be possible to send the mic output to an external mixer
>   * it must be possible to provide the input signal for the PA from an external mixer
>   * the mic output must not be wired directly to the PA (or at least it must be possible to mute
>     that connection)

I'll bring this up in tomorrow's meeting.

the following formula:

pi zz a