Re: [Debconf-video] video volunteers wanted, too (was Re: FOSDEM: schedule , booth, and devroom volunteers)

Hi Luca,

On Friday 15 February 2008 17:52, Luca Capello wrote:
> > Can you borrow us the laptop for the whole time? ;-) Because it's the
> > most powerful one we have and it would be brilliant for mixing and
> > encoding...
> No problem, except that it won't have my Lenovo 100G HD, which is anyway
> encrypted ;-)
>
> Since it needs a SATA HD, I can offer two Hitachi options (both
> Travelstar 5K100 [1]), a 60G or a 100G.  However, be advised that the
> latter could be broken: [...]
> I can install a base Debian on the HD, but please tell me ASAP (work and
> real life takes most of my time lately).

It would be great if you could bring the 60gb non-broken hd, with a basic etch
install, including xfce. and a videoeam user :-)

> > You could have an x40 for the two days in exchange :-)
> Perfect, IIRC the X40 mounts IDE HD, right?  I'll prepare a temporarty
> sid on one of the 2.5" IDE HDs I've, then.

Unfortunatly I cannot offer that anymore, the x40 I borrowed refuses to power
on. Before I noticed this amaya offered to borrow me her x40 for fosdem,
cc:ing her so she can comment.

But, x40s dont have 2.5" IDE HDs, they have 1.8" ones. So no use preparing
such a HD...

> FWIW, I'll arrive at BRU on Sat 23 at 08:00: I'll expect to be at the
> ULB around 10:30.  I'll leave from BRU on Sun 24 at 21:55.

That's cool. We should probably do a (final) test setup at elevenish then on
saturday...

> > And, quoting http://wiki.debian.org/FosdemVideo2008
> >
> > The following items are still needed:
> >  * camera 1 (is davens camera suited for this?)
> >  * tripod 2
> I can try to find one, I'll report back on Sunday at most.

Any news on this?

> About the microphones, a friend of mine can borrow me a Behringer B-2
> Pro [3] and another one which I don't have the model of now.  Should I
> bring them?

Best you discuss this with Daven.

> >  * audio cables
> I've some of them, but they are normal cables (i.e. not professional
> ones) and not so long.

Best you discuss this with Daven.

On your packlist on the wiki I saw you'll bring firewire pccards. Do they work
fine with the 2.6.18 etch kernel? With what other kernel do they work?

regards,
	Holger