Re: [Debconf-team] DC17 budget approval request

also sprach Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollito@riseup.net> [2017-04-11 19:22 +0200]:
> I merged the sponsors:committed & sponsors:expected accounts since
> madduck told me it was a weird thing to do.

Just to clarify: income:sponsors:expected was a regular account,
rather than a budget account. On the other hand, the budget itself
only covered expenses, not income. So income:sponsors:expected was
really the difference between budget:income:sponsors and
income:sponsors(:committed).

It's perfectly understandable what pollo did there and I didn't mean
to say he was wrong. The beauty of ledger-cli includes that it lets
you do things the way you want them, rather than impose some sort of
best practice.

I was simply confused, because I try to abide by the principle that
bookings on regular accounts are backed by actual
transactions/receipts, whereas budget accounts get changed to match
expectations.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf17 Montreal, CA: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17