[Debconf-team] [Mtl's bid team] Official letter of intention from ÉTS

Hello dc-team,

We are happy to announce that we have received official support from
École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS) this morning.

I am attaching to this email an official letter of support signed by the
direction. (after all, I am not attaching it. See link bellow)

When today's meeting date was announced, ÉTS has taken the deadline
seriously and measures were taken to accelerate the process so that this
letter could be made public today. (thanks!)

Should DebConf be at ÉTS, we would have full support from Maison du
Logiciel libre (ML2) and its collaborators, which include the major
universities in Montreal, Google, the open source community around ML2,
and Ville de Montréal.

The letter contains some details about the estimated value of ÉTS's
sponsorship ($40 000 CAD) and what we should pay ($20 000 CAD). I am
able to discuss those in detail.

Worry not, this is just an estimate. The main goal of this letter was to
show that ÉTS has what is needed to host DebConf and that it wants to
offer the space at no cost.

Attachments don't make it trough the mailing list (they require
approval), I have uploaded the letter in Montreal's debconf-data repository:
 - https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/debconf-data/dc17-bid-montreal.git

Direct link to PDF:
 -
https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=debconf-data/dc17-bid-montreal.git;a=blob;f=Venues/%C3%89cole+de+technologie+sup%C3%A9rieure/Letter_bid_DebConf_Comitee_160217.pdf;h=009192f1922bd6bc13bb15d1aed8fe2c3aedf17b;hb=08e11ea896e764f71ceb99b7d7f669943cbbacba

See you at today's meeting,

--
Alexandre Viau
aviau@debian.org