Re: [Debconf-team] Posters from sponsors?

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 12:40:41PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've been asked by another guy at ARM about putting up a poster for
> > ARM. We're sponsors, and he's planning to be announcing something in
> > my ARM talk on August 29. Any issues with that? Guidelines on what's
> > possible / reasonable please?

> My sense is that since one of the higher level (gold and platinum)
> perks [1] are:
> 1) Logo on banner in conference lobby
> 2) Logo on banner behind talk podiums

> Posters next to those banners, might kind of dilute the banner perks,
> since for a fraction of the costs of a Gold/platinum sponsorship, a lower
> tier sponsor could get much more relative exposure by putting up posters/
> ads. IE: I am generally not in favor but could see allowing it in certain cases
> for the highest levels of sponsorship.

> -Brian

Aside from the sponsorship concern (I'm not as concerned about a poster
during a talk "diluting" the platinum sponsor's logo *on the videos and the
banner behind the podiums* during the course of the ARM talk at the very
least.

The problem we're going to run into is that we're not allowed to tack
anything to the walls at all. If you wish to bring something that the poster
can sit on, we could probably have it up in the hacklab? But, it can't be on
the wall, so you'd need an easel or something.

Patty