Re: [Debconf-team] Cancellation policy

On 31.07.2012 18:02, Moray Allan wrote:
We should create a cancellation policy.  This might just be that
DebConf registration fees are non-refundable.  Or, that they are
non-refundable after some date a few months before the conference.  In
either case, it probably needs a few more terms inspired by whatever
other events say.  Ideas?

I'm not sure. With a strict non-refundable policy, maybe some people will wait more before to proceed to the payment (and IIRC most of attendees paid in last 1 to 2 months) anyway.

OTOH we have high costs, so probably the cost of money transfer (on both direction) should be paid by the professionals.

BTW in the cancellation policy we should allow substitution of persons with no costs.

ciao
	cate