Re: [Debconf-team] SVN -> GIT migration

Hi Gaudenz,

On Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I finally found the time too take another look at the repository
> conversion and incorporate all the feedback and discussion from this
> thread and DebConf.

thanks a lot for your work on this!

> During the discussion it became clear to me that my initial plan tries
> to solve two distinct problems that should be kept separate. One is the
> technical question of the right (tm) version control system to use, the
> other is the access rights to the debconf-team (private) repository.

right.

> * Technical part
> - I think there is agreement, that git is prefered over subversion and
>   that the conversion to git should be done.

/me agrees

> - Each year the previous years admin is removed again and the members
>   list of the debconf-team project is reviewed. All members that no
>   longer need access are removed.

we (sadly) haven't done this in the past, I hope we will get around to do it
this year!

> - Really confidential data should not be put in any of the two
>   repositories.

right. Can you please document this (as well as all the other points you
raised/described in this mail) in the DebConf wiki, in a Category:Manual
page?!

> * Next steps

please go on!

cheers & thanks again,