[Debconf-team] Changes for the svn repository

Hi!

Due to administrative work on alioth.debian.org (see [1][2][3][4] for
Details), usage of the subversion repository has changed slightly.

If you have a checkout, a "svn update" will not work, as the ssh-Keys
have been changed. That looks more or less the following way:

alex@rusalka:~/debian/events/debconf/debconf-data$ svn update
svn: To better debug SSH connection problems, remove the -q option from
'ssh' in the [tunnels] section of your Subversion configuration file.
svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly

To get that fixed, easiest method is to try "ssh svn.debian.org" or
svn.alioth.debian.org depending on which name you used on your initial
checkout; you can check that with "svn info":

alex@rusalka:~/debian/events/debconf/debconf-data$ svn info|grep URL

So let's try "ssh svn.debian.org":

alex@rusalka:~/debian/events/debconf/debconf-data$ ssh svn.debian.org
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@       WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED!          @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The RSA host key for svn.debian.org has changed,
[..]
Add correct host key in /home/alex/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this
message.
Offending key in /home/alex/.ssh/known_hosts:22
[..]

The "Offending key" line is the important line.  The number behind the
colon tell's you, in which line of your .ssh/known_hosts the key of the
old alioth system is being stored.  Open that file, and remove that line
(e.g. vim ~/.ssh/known_hosts :22 dd esc:wq).

You might need to repeat that (I had the key in my known_hosts twice).
But at one point, you'll be asked, if you want to connect and to add the
new fingerprint:

alex@rusalka:~/debian/events/debconf/debconf-data$ ssh svn.debian.org
The authenticity of host 'svn.debian.org (217.196.43.140)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is 8c:c0:b8:9f:0a:79:ee:1c:77:c4:b8:a1:70:55:b7:31.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Check, if the fingerprint matches with this one.  After that, type
"yes", and your password / ssh-key passphrase and you should see a
shell.  Log off, and svn should work as you was used to.

Note:  I heard, that password based authentication has been disabled,
and you need to use an ssh key.  I haven't checked that myself, but if
you don't have an ssh-key, and it doesn't work with your password,
please read http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH#Installing_SSH_keys.
Creating a key and submitting it to alioth is quite easy.

Best regards,
  Alexander

Links:
  1:
http://lists.debian.org/87r57tiefi.fsf@elastomir.internal.placard.fr.eu.org
  2: http://lists.debian.org/20110522102745.GA27270@varinia.lobefin.net
  3: http://lists.debian.org/20110522105217.GB27270@varinia.lobefin.net
  4:
http://lists.debian.org/87boyt40ln.fsf@mirexpress.internal.placard.fr.eu.org

PS:  For some extra comfort you can also add the following to your
~/.ssh/config:
Host *.debian.org
User $your-user-name
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/$your-keyfile

And then use "ssh-add -c ~/.ssh/$your-keyfile", so you don't have to
constantly type in your keyphrase.