Re: [Debconf-team] Feasibility of having printed proceedings?

On 12475 March 1977, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> For earlier DebConfs (IIRC up to DC7), attendees got a printed copy of
> the proceedings. I always liked having this, being able to read the
> articles presented for the talks before they were presented (to be
> better prepared for the information), or referring to them from my
> shelf later on. And also as a small ego boost, why not?

> We stopped printing them because they do have a non-negligible
> cost. But we still have a team preparing them, and given this year we
> are getting special treatment from a sovereign nation... Do you think
> we could print the proceedings?

Oh yes, they are a great thing.

Also, keep in mind, we do have a "Want proceedings" flag in
pentabarf. So people can tell us if they want em, so we can hand em out
at reception. Provided we have them there.

--
bye, Joerg
Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and